- You’ll be able to switch
contactsfrom an iPhoneto an Androidutilizing Google Drive, Gmail, or a “vCard” file.
- Syncing your iPhone’s contacts to Google Drive or Gmail will allow you to obtain them onto any Android telephone.
- Making a vCard file then loading it on the Android may also switch all your contacts.
For those who’re transferring from an iPhone to an Android, otherwise you wish to have two telephones directly, you will must switch your contacts. And whereas transferring contacts was as straightforward as switching SIM cards, you will now doubtless want to maneuver the information manually.
Fortunately, there are three straightforward methods to switch your contacts from an iPhone onto an Android. Here is how.
Learn how to switch contacts from iPhone to Android utilizing Google Drive
Syncing your contacts to Google Drive will allow you to switch each contact in your gadget.
1. Obtain the Google Drive app onto your iPhone and log into it with the Google account you wish to use in your Android.
2. Faucet the three traces within the top-left nook, then faucet Settings.
3. Faucet Backup. For those who do not see this selection, it doubtless signifies that your group has restricted the information you possibly can share with Google.
4. On the web page that opens, faucet Contacts and ensure the slider is toggled on, then return and faucet Begin Backup. This would possibly take some time, relying on what number of contacts you’ve and in the event you selected to backup calendar occasions and images too.
5. As soon as they have been backed up, signal into that very same Google account in your Android telephone. All of your contacts will switch over.
Learn how to switch contacts from iPhone to Android utilizing Gmail
You may also sync the contacts to Gmail. Nonetheless, it will solely switch the contacts which can be linked to your Gmail account. Additionally notice that you’ll need to have a Gmail account enabled on your iPhone beforehand to do that.
1. In your iPhone, open the Settings app and faucet the Mail choice.
2. Faucet Accounts, after which choose the Gmail account you wish to use in your Android.
3. On the web page that opens, ensure that the Contacts slider is toggled on.
4. Now in your Android telephone, log in with that very same Gmail account. All of that Gmail account’s contacts ought to cross over robotically.
Learn how to switch contacts from iPhone to Android utilizing a vCard
A vCard – also called a .VCF file – is a typical file for holding contact data. Each telephone can learn them, which makes them good for transferring contacts.
1. In your iPhone, open the Settings app and faucet your title on the prime.
3. Now in your Android gadget, head to icloud.com and log into your iCloud account.
4. When you’re logged in, faucet the three dots within the top-right nook of Chrome and choose Desktop website.
5. On the brand new desktop model of iCloud, choose Contacts, after which faucet the small gear icon within the bottom-left nook.
6. Within the menu that opens, faucet Choose All, after which Export vCard.
7. The .VCF file will obtain into your telephone’s recordsdata app – this is perhaps known as Recordsdata by Google, My Recordsdata, or one thing comparable. Head to the recordsdata app and open it.
8. If you’re requested if you would like to import the contacts, faucet OK.
Your contacts will likely be loaded in.
How to use FaceTime on Android devices, plus FaceTime alternatives for Android
How to stop your Android phone from listening to you by disabling 3 microphone-related features
How to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone at once
How to block a number on your smartphone or landline to stop spam calls and texts